Statement of Support for ECCV’s All One Together campaign
Polaron is a female-owned, award-winning language services provider with offices in Australia, US, UK and Europe. We are a team of highly skilled in-house linguists and a network of NAATI-certified translators, interpreters and project managers. Since 2000, we have been working in partnership with clients and diverse communities to deliver multilingual projects that cement our reputation as a leader of the industry. We promote excellence in translation, interpreting and multicultural communication, with diverse communities at the heart of everything we do.
We are committed to advancing an anti-racist agenda but acknowledge that combatting racism is work in progress and much still needs to be done. It is only through an ongoing, active approach to anti-racism in our policies, practices and behaviours that we can take meaningful steps towards change. We remain devoted to addressing discrimination and pledge to lead by example, educate our stakeholders and support our diverse communities. We know that our actions are only the beginning of a lifelong process and that we must always strive to be better. Furthermore, we pledge to:
- Listen to our team members and encourage them to speak out against racism.
- Actively promote anti-racism principles to generate long-lasting change.
- Proactively engage in discussions on racism and systemic barriers.
- Create safe and equitable workspaces for all employees, including those with intersecting identities.
- Be accountable through reporting on progress and outcomes.
- Build capacity and partner with external organisations to enhance our approach.
- Build knowledge and share resources.