All One Together Campaign Launch
ECCV’s All One Together campaign was launched on 9 December 2019 – timed to mark World Human Rights Day. The campaign launch was headlined by a high-profile panel discussion featuring:
- Alan Dewis, Associate Director, Aboriginal Services, Victoria Legal Aid
- Barry Berih, award-winning community activist – 2019 VMC Meritorious Award for Excellence
- Diana Sayed, human rights lawyer and CEO of the Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights
- Jennifer Huppert, President of the Jewish Community Council of Victoria and Board member – Victorian Equal Opportunities and Human Rights Commission Board member
- Moderated by award-winning journalist and filmmaker Santilla Chingaipe
“My motivation to join the panel and engage in this campaign is to ensure a First Peoples’ perspective is active as I’m an advocate for diversity and inclusion in Australia,” said Alan Dewis.
“A positive outcome from this event would be for wider support from the mainstream media to unite all Australians in embracing diversity, respecting differences and echoing sentiments that discriminations will not be accepted or tolerated.”
“We need to shed light on the impact of discrimination so that we can support those who are impacted by it, and so we can encourage those holding positions of influence in our community to show leadership, and take a strong stand against discrimination and intolerance,” added Jennifer Huppert.
ECCV acknowledges the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation as the Traditional Owners of the Country on which we work. We pay respect to their Elders past and present, acknowledge their continuing connections to land, sea and community, and extend respect to Traditional Owners throughout Victoria.