Government, business and civil society organisations can be the leaders in addressing discrimination. Truly valuing diversity and committing to a vibrant society in which we can get a fair go will bring positive outcomes for the Australian society and for the economy. A Bankwest-Curtin University report (2019) found that migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds are more likely to be over-educated and under-paid for their jobs. The report estimates that a perfect match between a migrant’s qualifications and their jobs could potentially add $6 billion to the Australian economy.
MEET the All One Together Ambassadors
Your organisation can join this movement by joining the AllOneTogether Coalition and committing to take one major action, such as:
- Establish a senior led culture of no tolerance to racism, implementing specific policies and procedures to address complaints.
- Review employment policies to detect biases in recruitment and career pathways.
- Develop mentor and role-modelling program for new migrants.
- Make the legislation that protects all citizens against racism widely known, including official channels for complaints outside your organisation.
- Invest in culturally responsive practices and services.
For more information on how you can become an All One Together ambassador, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.